Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Pregnancy Health & Wellness and other Pregnancy topics.
While pregnancy fitness is important to the health of you and your baby, there are some precautions that you should keep in mind.
* If you haven't been regularly exercising already, see your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen.
* Avoid rigorous bouncing, arching of your back, and any exercise which involves even mild abdominal trauma.
* Maintain even, steady breathing while exercising.
* During pregnancy fitness, do not lift your feet over your hips.
* Do not do sit-ups that are past 45 degrees.
* Don't do fitness exercises that require precise balance.
* Be sure you always stretch before and after your fitness regimen.
* Don't overdo it! Cut back on your exercise levels as your pregnancy progresses.
Always check with your doctor before engaging in exercise programs, or if you experience any problems.