Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Eating Healthy & Exercising Safely and other Pregnancy topics.
Yoga is an excellent way to stay fit during pregnancy. This safe, low-impact workout offers an array of benefits to women who are expecting:
• Improves posture and muscle flexibility without putting excess stress on your joints
• Helps you master meditative breathing exercises that can be used during childbirth
• Allows you to practice birthing positions that can be used during delivery
• Reduces back pain, as well as other aches and strains
• Aids in overall relaxation and physical well-being
Ideally, you should look for a yoga program that is designed specifically for pregnant women, as these will avoid exercises that could pose a danger to your unborn baby. During the second and third trimesters, you may need to use a chair or wall to ensure that you don’t lose your balance when assuming yoga positions. After the first trimester, be sure to avoid poses that require you to lie flat on your back, as this can restrict the flow of blood and oxygen to the fetus.