Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Pregnancy Planning and other Pregnancy topics.
Edema is a common symptom of pregnancy. It is essentially the swelling of hands, feet, and ankles. It is typically caused by excess fluid in the body during pregnancy and of course the force of gravity. Most cases of edema are perfectly normal and harmless.
* The best solution for this pregnancy symptom is to avoid being on your feet for long periods of time, and keep your feet elevated when you are sitting down.
* You should also wear comfortable, low heel or no heel shoes or cozy slippers.
* Don't wear elastic top or tight socks or stockings.
* Do try pregnancy support hose.
* Drink lots of water, also.
If your face becomes puffy or you notice excessive swelling, contact your doctor.